Robert Sofia is the Co-founder, Chairman, and CEO of Snappy Kraken. This marketing automation advertising service helps financial advisers track marketing campaigns and various business processes to expand their market share. Robert's recent accomplishments include leading his team to win the Best Places to Work in FinTech Award and Best Overall Content Marketing Company for four straight years. He is also the author of Blend Out: From Ordinary to Irresistible: How Advisors Can Market Like the Greatest Brands in the World, which divulges marketing secrets meant to disrupt the status quo and get you noticed.
Robert joins me today to describe what Snappy Kraken is, its humble beginnings, and how they help financial advisers get their brands out there. He shares his extensive experience in sales and how he joined the financial industry. He explains why he isn't fond of curated content and the extent of the marketing Snappy Kraken provides per month. He discusses how they keep content fresh regardless of their output. Robert also shares a list of books he likes to read and go back to—especially The Great CEO Within.
"If you saturate your audience with exposure to your brand, you become omnipresent." - Robert Sofia
This week on The Model FA Podcast:
● Robert's extensive experience in sales, including selling copy machines
● How Robert joined the financial industry
● Where Snappy Kraken started and the services they offer
● How data gives them a significant advantage over the competition
● Why Robert doesn't believe in curating content
● The types of campaigns and topics they make every month
● How they keep their articles and marketing fresh and timeless
● Other forms of marketing outside of digital
● Expanding the content of Robert's book, Blend Out
● How to create omnipresence in marketing
● Why Robert likes reading The Great CEO Within
● Book: The Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More & Change the Way You Lead Forever by Michael Bungay Stanier
● Book: The Great CEO Within: The Tactical Guide to Company Building by Matt Mochary, Alex MacCaw, and Misha Talavera
● Book: Three Feet From Gold: Turn Your Obstacles Into Opportunities (Think and Grow Rich Series) by Sharon L. Lechter and Greg S. Reid
● Book: Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence-and How You Can, Too by Gary Vaynerchuk
Our Favorite Quotes:
● "You can do all the marketing you want, but if you don't have a good brand or website, visitors are going to bounce." - Robert Sofia
● "Advisors should still create their own content." - David DeCelle
● "If someone's going on social media, they're going there to consume content." - David DeCelle
Connect with Robert Sofia:
● Book: BLEND OUT
About the Model FA Podcast
The Model FA podcast is a show for fiduciary financial advisors. In each episode, our host David DeCelle sits down with industry experts, strategic thinkers, and advisors to explore what it takes to build a successful practice — and have an abundant life in the process. We believe in continuous learning, tactical advice, and strategies that work — no “gotchas” or BS. Join us to hear stories from successful financial advisors, get actionable ideas from experts, and re-discover your drive to build the practice of your dreams.
Did you like this conversation? Then leave us a rating and a review in whatever podcast player you use. We would love your feedback, and your ratings help us reach more advisors with ideas for growing their practices, attracting great clients, and achieving a better quality of life. While you are there, feel free to share your ideas about future podcast guests or topics you’d love to see covered.
President of Model FA, David DeCelle
If you like this podcast, you will love our community! Join the Model FA Community on Facebook to connect with like-minded advisors and share the day-to-day challenges and wins of running a growing financial services firm.