Dom joins us today to reveal the three pillars of success. He explains how video content has impacted his business and offers advice to financial advisors who are hesitant about creating content to support their business. He discusses why we need to have a framework to work with when pursuing success and why we have to fall in love with the process of becoming. Dom also highlights the importance of having a system to keep ourselves accountable and underscores the value of having people who continue to push us.
“Perspective, program, and process: you have to put those three things in place so you can have a successful journey to wherever you’re going.” – Dom Henderson
This week on The Model FA Podcast:
● What inspired Dom to help individuals become better financial advisors
● How creating video content on YouTube has impacted Dom’s wealth management business
● The importance of having frameworks for success
● The value of perspective and changing our mindsets
● Why we need to let go of our need for retribution
● Finding a personal and professional program to be the best version of ourselves
● The importance of structuring a powerful morning routine
● The power of having accountability partners and telling others our goals
● Book: The 12-Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months by Brian Moran and Michael Lennington
● Book: Never Split the Difference: Negotiating as if Your Life Dependent on It by Chriss Voss
● Book: Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen
● Book: The Traveler’s Gift by Andy Andrews
Our Favorite Quotes:
● “Comparing someone’s chapter 10 to your chapter one prevents you from starting.” – David DeCelle
● “We operate best when we have some sort of structure in our lives, but sometimes you have to switch up the routines within that structure.” – David DeCelle
● “There’s this large portion of your hidden self that has unlimited potential that can be revealed not through introspection, but by lending yourself to accountability.” – Dom Henderson
Connect with Dom Henderson:
● Podcast: Conversations for Financial Professionals
● Email: [email protected]
About the Model FA Podcast
The Model FA podcast is a show for fiduciary financial advisors. In each episode, our host David DeCelle sits down with industry experts, strategic thinkers, and advisors to explore what it takes to build a successful practice — and have an abundant life in the process. We believe in continuous learning, tactical advice, and strategies that work — no “gotchas” or BS. Join us to hear stories from successful financial advisors, get actionable ideas from experts, and re-discover your drive to build the practice of your dreams.
Did you like this conversation? Then leave us a rating and a review in whatever podcast player you use. We would love your feedback, and your ratings help us reach more advisors with ideas for growing their practices, attracting great clients, and achieving a better quality of life. While you are there, feel free to share your ideas about future podcast guests or topics you’d love to see covered.
President of Model FA, David DeCelle
If you like this podcast, you will love our community! Join the Model FA Community on Facebook to connect with like-minded advisors and share the day-to-day challenges and wins of running a growing financial services firm.