Lauren is the Founder and CEO of Golden Key Partnership, an award-winning and globally recognized boutique business consulting firm. Regarded as “The Business Doctor” by her clients, Lauren specializes in helping business owners diagnose the root cause of team and operational challenges. She uses her 4D framework to help CEOs reclaim time and avoid burnout as they scale their businesses. Before founding Golden Key Partnership, Lauren served as a clinical research associate at Children’s Hospital Colorado.
Lauren joins us today to discuss diagnosing businesses and identifying the cause of burnout. She explains why she started her own business after working in the medical field. She differentiates players from worker bees and discusses how hiring more players for your team can help decrease spending and reduce burnout. Lauren also highlights why businesses need to get simpler as they grow and shares her advice on hiring the right team members for maximum impact.
“Think of your business as a body: the operations and teams are the neural network that connects to the spine of your business so all the systems communicate and move together.” – Lauren Goldstein
This week on The Model FA Podcast:
● Lauren’s background, career path, and what led her to become “The Business Doctor”
● The Diagnostic Deep Dive test and how Lauren works with advisors and businesses
● A crucial mistake advisors and business owners make when hiring and expanding their team
● The difference between a player and a worker bee
● How business owners get burnt out even if they have a team
● Why businesses shouldn’t be fully automated
● Using the Eisenhower matrix to lessen business burnout
● Book: The Power of TED by David Emerald
Our Favorite Quotes:
● “The amount of insight and advice you can receive from books, conferences, and podcasts is amazing. You can test if they work, then implement them to ultimately get paid.” – David DeCelle
● “As an entrepreneur, don’t just look for staff members; look for entrepreneurial people who have a strategic mindset.” – David DeCelle
● “Get absolute clarity on who you need on your team to fill the gaps. When you have that clarity of the position and how it fits in, you can spend a lot less and get a whole lot more than you ever could.” – Lauren Goldstein
Connect with Lauren Goldstein:
● Email: [email protected]
About the Model FA Podcast
The Model FA podcast is a show for fiduciary financial advisors. In each episode, our host David DeCelle sits down with industry experts, strategic thinkers, and advisors to explore what it takes to build a successful practice — and have an abundant life in the process. We believe in continuous learning, tactical advice, and strategies that work — no “gotchas” or BS. Join us to hear stories from successful financial advisors, get actionable ideas from experts, and re-discover your drive to build the practice of your dreams.
Did you like this conversation? Then leave us a rating and a review in whatever podcast player you use. We would love your feedback, and your ratings help us reach more advisors with ideas for growing their practices, attracting great clients, and achieving a better quality of life. While you are there, feel free to share your ideas about future podcast guests or topics you’d love to see covered.
President of Model FA, David DeCelle
If you like this podcast, you will love our community! Join the Model FA Community on Facebook to connect with like-minded advisors and share the day-to-day challenges and wins of running a growing financial services firm.