Patrick Galvin is a coach, speaker, author, and the Founder of The Galvanizing Group, a learning and development company that helps high-performance companies and teams grow bottom-line results through cultivating relationships. In his books, The Connector’s Way and The Trusted Way, Patrick explores how businesses can grow through relationship-building techniques and trust. Patrick holds a Master of Business Administration degree in International Marketing from Thunderbird School of Global Management and graduated cum laude from Georgetown University with a Bachelor’s degree in Foreign Service.
Patrick joins us today to discuss building and growing businesses through strengthening relationships with clients. He explains the importance of taking the time to evaluate how you’re bringing traffic to your business. He examines developing capital and how depositing it in relationships supports further business through referrals. Patrick also highlights the value of going above and beyond to serve others without expecting anything in return and underscores the power of gratitude.
“Building your business one relationship at a time works regardless of your industry or the size of your business.” – Patrick Galvin
This week on The Model FA Podcast:
● Patrick’s background and launching The Galvanizing Group
● Post-sale communications and how to stay relevant in clients’ lives
● The seven principles of The Connector’s Way
● Developing social capital and the value of serving others without expecting to benefit
● Patrick’s advice on asking for introductions and referrals from clients
● Why you might not ask for referrals as an advisor
● The real power of going above and beyond for your clients
● The importance of being grateful and personally expressing your gratitude to other people
● Best practices for leveraging networking groups and service organizations to build connections
● Book: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
● Book: The Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations on Wisdom, Perseverance, and the Art of Living by Ryan Holiday
● Should Self Interest Motivate Service? | Patrick Galvin at TEDxMcMinnville
Our Favorite Quotes:
● “Focus heavily on relationship building and experience and focus somewhat on marketing and advertising, so you have something to prompt people to talk about you.” – David DeCelle
● “You can’t control when people are going to have conversations about you, but by adding value and staying relevant, you increase the likelihood of people talking about you and what you do with their friends and family.” – David DeCelle
● “Having the mindset of looking for maximum gain in every connection you have will burn a lot of bridges: you might win the battle and the sale, but at the cost of an on-going relationship that could mean more business.” – Patrick Galvin
Connect with Patrick Galvin:
● Book: The Connector’s Way: A Story About Building Business One Relationship at a Time
● Book: The Trusted Way: A Story About Building a Life and Business of Character
● Email: [email protected]
About the Model FA Podcast
The Model FA podcast is a show for fiduciary financial advisors. In each episode, our host David DeCelle sits down with industry experts, strategic thinkers, and advisors to explore what it takes to build a successful practice — and have an abundant life in the process. We believe in continuous learning, tactical advice, and strategies that work — no “gotchas” or BS. Join us to hear stories from successful financial advisors, get actionable ideas from experts, and re-discover your drive to build the practice of your dreams.
Did you like this conversation? Then leave us a rating and a review in whatever podcast player you use. We would love your feedback, and your ratings help us reach more advisors with ideas for growing their practices, attracting great clients, and achieving a better quality of life. While you are there, feel free to share your ideas about future podcast guests or topics you’d love to see covered.
President of Model FA, David DeCelle
If you like this podcast, you will love our community! Join the Model FA Community on Facebook to connect with like-minded advisors and share the day-to-day challenges and wins of running a growing financial services firm.