Cameo Roberson is a business coach and operations strategist who specializes in helping financial advisory firms avoid business management overwhelm, implement systems, and build high-performing six-figure practices. Throughout her career, Cameo has worked with leadership teams and managed over 100 client relationships. She is the founder of Atla Park Consulting, a business coaching and practice management agency that performs operational makeovers for financial advisory businesses.
Cameo joins me today to discuss the relationship between establishing a vision for your advisory firm and the success of your practice management. She describes her background and how she became passionate about improving business operations for RIAs. She explains why some advisors are not comfortable asking for referrals and shares how getting clear on ideal client avatars can help you get introductions. Cameo also highlights how advisors can look to other RIA firms for success inspiration and outlines tips on documenting standard operating procedures for your business.
“When considering practice management, look at your practice in different buckets: business strategy and planning, business development, operations optimization, technology, and people.” – Cameo Roberson
This week on The Model FA Podcast:
● Cameo’s background and how she got started in the RIA industry
● Why building a clear vision for your firm is essential to creating a strong practice management
● Crafting a vision for your advisory firm and a roadmap to your business goals
● The components of a revenue roadmap
● The importance of being crystal clear on your ideal client avatars
● How to make your advisory business more efficient and autonomous
● Tackling large projects in your business and avoiding overwhelm
● Establishing and documenting standard operating procedures for your business
● What financial advisors should and shouldn’t automate in their advisory firms
● Book: Rocket Fuel: The One Essential That Will Get You More of What You Want from Your Business by Gino Wickman
● Book: Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
● App: Loom
Our Favorite Quotes:
● “Whether you’re serving 12 families or 1,200 families, systems and processes are important.” – David DeCelle
● “People are quick to search for answers on how to run their businesses, but before you can even talk about practice management, you need to figure out what your vision is: what you’re building and why you’re building it.” – David DeCelle
● “Success leaves clues. You can always check to see what other firms are doing to be successful and use that as inspiration for your own firm.” – Cameo Roberson
Connect with Cameo Roberson:
● Atlas Park Consulting on Facebook
● Atlas Park Consulting on LinkedIn
● Atlas Park Consulting on Instagram
About the Model FA Podcast
The Model FA podcast is a show for fiduciary financial advisors. In each episode, our host David DeCelle sits down with industry experts, strategic thinkers, and advisors to explore what it takes to build a successful practice — and have an abundant life in the process. We believe in continuous learning, tactical advice, and strategies that work — no “gotchas” or BS. Join us to hear stories from successful financial advisors, get actionable ideas from experts, and re-discover your drive to build the practice of your dreams.
Did you like this conversation? Then leave us a rating and a review in whatever podcast player you use. We would love your feedback, and your ratings help us reach more advisors with ideas for growing their practices, attracting great clients, and achieving a better quality of life. While you are there, feel free to share your ideas about future podcast guests or topics you’d love to see covered.
President of Model FA, David DeCelle
If you like this podcast, you will love our community! Join the Model FA Community on Facebook to connect with like-minded advisors and share the day-to-day challenges and wins of running a growing financial services firm.